Posh Quilt Finished


DSC_2734.jpg

Here is a little background on this quilt before the details. About three years ago I had my gallbladder taken out and  my mom came up to take me care of me. We decided to stop by a quilt store for my first outing of the surgery. I hadn't quilted since about 7 years, but I still had all my supplies and have been carting around my stash everytime I moved.

During our outing to the local quilt store I announce that I wanted to start quilting again when I saw this quilt hanging up in the store. It was it was Posh Fabric by Chez Moi for Moda and rectangles and different then all the other quilts I had seen before. The quilt pattern was also called Posh and at one point was a free pattern on the Moda website. There was a nice little kit sitting on the counter calling my name. I wanted I had to have it. So I picked it up and carried it around the store while my mom did her shopping.

I had every Vicodin induce (after all I had just had surgery) intention of starting quilting right there and then when I got home. However, I could barely make it out of the store and back to the car with out feeling like I was going to pass out from the pain. Luckily, my mom was with me and decided to get me the quilt kit. Some how I managed to get back in the car and the whole way home I held on the my little kit.

DSC_2739.jpg

That is the last I remember of that kit. I am sure I put it away somewhere safe, as I was too busy at the time to get to it. That was until I decided to start quilting again. After all this was thee quilt that made me decide I wanted to quilt again. So I have been slowly work on this one, along with all the other things that distracted me.

DSC_2742.jpg

I even pieced the back which I am super excited about. I really like this quilt. I think the lighting was a bit bright in the backyard. I am going to have to find just the right time to take pictures.

Posh quilt Finished


Quilt Stats:
Name: Posh Quilt
Size: 52" x 72" 
Fabrics:  Posh by Chez Moi for moda
Binding: Posh by Chez Moi
Pattern: Posh 
Quilting: long arm, roses stretched. 
Completed: September 2011



Linking up to:
{Sew} Modern Monday at Canoe Ridge Creations

Sew Happy Geek

The Girl Creative
Fresh Poppy Design

Comments

  1. I love this line, your quilt looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, the rectangles are quirky and the shots of green and red really bring it alive, well done you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see you have finished the quilt! Looks really good.
    MOM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on finishing your quilt! That was so sweet of your mom to get the kit for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the quilt! Thanks for sharing it and the story behind it. Have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven`t seen this line before - it is lovely as is your quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful finish--and great story! :) Thanks for linking up to {Sew} Modern Monday and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous quilt and good story behind it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always think the best quilts have a story behind them :) Great job on it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! I'm Nicole from Romanian Princess. I saw your blog on a link up and decided I better add you! Please return the favor and follow me back at:

    www.romanianprincess.com!

    XoXo Nicole Mariana

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful quilt and great story! Hope you enjoy using it and put painful memories to the side! Came over from UFO Domination on Flickr - what's the next target??

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a beautiful quilt-and what a story! Glad all is well and you got finally got your quilt finished!

    I always love a pieced back. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the the time comment. Please know that I read each comment and they all make me smile.

Thanks for visiting, Jenn