Work in Progress Week #41

So, I am going to cheer for myself for a moment. I have two celebrations. Yes that is right two this week. The first one is that I have a finish project to share today. The second celebration is that it is the end of NABLOPOMO. What is that you say. It is national blog posting month. If you were a follower at the beginning of November, you know that I joined in. 



The good news is that it is the last day of the month. Which means for you, no more of my posts each day. Phew... I was having trouble coming up with things to post about every day. I really have a new sese of respect for those of you who do that all the time. During this month only missed 2 days after I started a little bit late. I think that is pretty good, for the blog slacker I can be. Anyhow, now we will return to our regular schedule program of me only being creative sometimes :)

Lets get back to the more important celebration. I finished something. I finished my first mug rug. And the first mug rug that I have on my list for this Christmas.

mug rug 1 in use

This one is for one of my husbands co-workers. His co-worker is a guy. I had the hardest time coming up with something for a guy. I used the lazy angle ruler a couple of  kona brights charm squares and some kona for the neutral (which I could tell you the color, but this was before I started labeling).

mug rug back

The backing is some print, I just can't tell you which. The binding is from Curio by basic gray - asparagus needle lace to be exact. I am actually pretty proud of the machine binding. Best yet. The quilting kinda echos the piecing. Shh don't notice the mess ups. 


mug rug 1

Very fun very simple and my first mug rug.

My only other work in progress this week is my Kaleidoscopic quilt. I actually got a lot done with it. I just need the halves to become wholes.

Kaleidoscope halves

Here is the rest that I just haven't even touched.

My work in progress 11/30/11

1. embroidery 101 completed blocks, 2. Kit for Central Park Quilt, 3. Kona Challenge Quilts Sacramento Modern Quilt Guild, 4. www.flickr.com/photos/jenniffier/5833298543/in/photostream, 5. hexagons for christmas table runner, 6. Love Road Quilt 1

Created with fd's Flickr Toys

There are more, I am sure, but I don't have time to track them down or I don't have pictures of them.

post signature

Linking up to:

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced


Show and Tell Green



Comments

  1. Your WIPs are awesome! I especially love the Rouenneries hexagons and the kaleidoscope. Hahaha, I love that you included a box of stacked fabric as a WIP. I usually don't consider a project a WIP until I've cut into the fabric. Otherwise, I'd be in Big Trouble.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the the time comment. Please know that I read each comment and they all make me smile.

Thanks for visiting, Jenn