Kaleidoscope Quilt - finally finished

I am so excited to share my first finish of the year. I finally finished my Kaleidoscope Quilt Along Quilt.

Kaleidoscope Quilt

I had planned on finishing this last summer during the Quilt Along, but that just didn't happen. This quilt was a little above my skill level. Many of you encouraged me to go on, and told me I would be very happy with it when I finished. I have to admit, you were right. Thanks for the all the kind words of encouragement, it helped me finish this quilt.

Kaleidoscope Quilt

This quilt is making me very happy. The quilting made this quilt for me. The piecing drove me crazy, but after taking it out of the dryer I am happy with the way the quilting turned out.

It is smaller than it was supposed to be. One block was not salvageable and I was too frustrated to make another. I think it gives it character. It is just a little too small for my Suzie girl. She is becoming a big German Shepherd Dog.

DSC_3501.jpg

She is also being a defiant teenager who is angry with me for giving her a command. Just look at those eyes, they say "how dare you tell me what to do."

I think the back is super cute to. I did some random piecing with left over fabric.

gramps quilt finished july 2012



Quilt Stats:
Name: Kaleidoscope Quilt 
Size: 34" x 34" 
Fabrics: Fresh Cottons by Fig Tree co.
Quilting: Free Motion Quilted with and up and down stippling  pattern
Completed: January 2012



post signature

Linking up to:
All these fun linky parties

Comments

  1. Looks beautiful! Awfully nice to be a dog blanket though lol Keep it up! I have yet to make my first one ... but someday :) You know I'm more of a crochet gal anyway :)
    ~ Shannon R-K :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. very pretty. I love the colours and the quilting just makes everything come together so nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is a great quilt, you did a great job, I LOVE the back!! Keep quilting!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've got a few K-blocks tucked away in a drawer - it is a very challenging block! Or rather, joining them together is the tricky part. I love the way quilting changes the quilt, and the first wash is just an amazing process. Very luck DOG to have such a beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great quilt. I would like to try this quilt. It just looks hard. Love your dog. We have a German Shepherd/Lab mix and she gives us the same face.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You quilt looks so soft and lovely, what a nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Susie is adorable! Was this beautiful and complicated quilt really for her? Ha ha. Great quilt and always feels amazing when you conquer a quilt you never thought you would be able to. I am getting ready to start a lone star quilt for my husband and even with a book on it, I am a bit terrified! Sounds impossible but I am going to go for it if I ever finish the current baby quilt, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope it wasn't made just for her. I made it as a shop sample, but long story short that didn't turn out as planned. Now I just have to figure out what to do with it as it is too small for her :)

      Delete
  8. Really pretty quilt, I like the colors! Does it match your home? It would make a pretty wallhanging.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello there, You've done a great job. I will definitely digg it and personally suggest to my friends. I'm sure they'll be benefited from this website.
    Wilson A2K First Base Mitt - Men's

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the the time comment. Please know that I read each comment and they all make me smile.

Thanks for visiting, Jenn