Craft book month - Denyse Schmidt eye pillow

This month was Craft Book Month at Craft Buds. They had a whole month dedicated to craft books and a blog hop to go along with it. The blog hop inspired me to try something that wasn't on my WIP or to do list. Just something quick and easy.

Eye Pillow

I made this eye pillow from Denyse Schmidt Quilts: 30 Colorful Quilt and Patchwork Projects, which luckily for me was at my local library.  I have to tell you, other than the drama of trying to get the photocopy machine to enlarge the pattern, it was a really simple and fun project. I love how it used up some my scraps. Especially because I am trying really hard not to spend money on any new projects until I finish a few or the many that I have going on around here.


Eye Pillow book vs mine


I really like the original in the book. However, blue just is not my color. Purple on the other hand is my absolute favorite color. Plus the Anna Maria Horner scraps just make me oh so happy.

Eye Pillow back

And on the back of course I added some Tula Pink.  So both sides are beautiful and make me happy!


Eye Pillow


The directions for this project were super clear and it didn't take much time to make this. Just what I look for in any craft book. Clear directions and something that doesn't take me forever to make.





I am looking forward to trying other projects from the book. I am pretty sure that I am renew the book as I really wanted to make the heating pad cover since my heating pad and me have been such good friends recently, but I had trouble enlarging the pattern, so I need more time. My suggestion is to take the book to a copy shop to have the make the copies, trying yourself only causes frustration. However, this book is now on my wishlist because there are so many lovelies in it that I really want to make.
post signature

Linking up to:

  

Comments

  1. Eye pillow - how cute! I just made a sleeping mask from Tula Pink as a present.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the the time comment. Please know that I read each comment and they all make me smile.

Thanks for visiting, Jenn