Work in Progress Wednesday

For not having much free time, I have actually made some pretty good progress on my over 12 year old UFO.



Love's Road, started back in 2000, has been a pain in my you know what from the beginning. The pain continued with the free motion quilting of it. I had threads snap, stitches skip and a few moments where I felt that some choice word were very necessary.But I was able to get the quilting done in time to share with at the Sacramento Modern Quilt Guild meeting. Then I tried to get the binding finished last night. was going to machine stitch it down, but that turned out to look incredibly tacky. So instead I spend 30 minutes picking out the stitching only to have to redo the work by hand. Now, I am about 1/2 way done. I will persevere through the binding and finish my oldest UFO and technically my "second quilt". Yes these was the second quilt top I ever finished. 24 quilted projects later and I am so close to finishing this second project. I am not will to give up now.

On a side note, even though I have been telling myself I can't buy projects until I finish some projects, I completely and utterly caved when I saw Halloween Pop quilt from fig tree quilts.

via fig tree quilts
Which means I impatiently waited to get this lovely stack of fabric.


Which came in last night. My husband's first statement was, "you know you aren't going to finish that by Halloween right?" HA! Of course I know that! However, hopefully, it doesn't take me 12 years like the quilt featured above :)

post signature


Linking up to:
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

Comments