Sunday Stash #1 AKA Been bitten by the quilting bug again

It has been forever since I have touched my sewing machine or even really thought about quilting except in passing my craft room and thinking maybe I should go in there. I am still working on finding my "new normal". However, I have a feeling the quilting bug may have gotten me again.

Cotton + Steel basics stash building

Technically, I still haven't sat down at my machine, but I did start buying fabric and patterns again. And isn't that the way it started in the first place.

See pretty fabric... buy fabric... oh I could so make that... buy pattern... look at more fabric and patterns...Touch pretty fabric and patterns... Imagine doing something with the supplies...Then maybe make something with your new pretties...

Moda Building blocks pattern


The black Friday sale was what finally got me.

Oh and a FB post by Camille Roskelley.... I mean just look at those pretties.



I truly felt like I just had to have Moda Modern Building Blocks. And of course since I had a gift certificate and there was a sale I couldn't justify not buying some fabric. So, I purchased the Cotton and Steel Basics bundle too. When everything came it, I was so glad it was just as pretty as I imagined.

First time linking up to: Sunday stash @ Molli Sparkles

BTW I am feeling like I need to get back into this blogging thing. Blogging seemed to help me journal my creative thoughts... which in turned helped me create. I am so excited to get back at it. I have even started reading blogs again realized Instagram has become huge in this online quilting community. I have been so inspired, once again, by reading all your blogs, instagram posts and such out there. I have even been commenting again instead of just thinking cute. So let's see how this goes.

post signature

Comments

  1. Those bundles do look good, can't wait to see what you make with them and what crafty bug decides to bite you first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too. I did pull out some old blocks from a flickr swap way back... I played with them and found I am one short to make a quilt... now i just need to actually sew again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your fabric looks wonderful! Can't wait to see what you do with it and your pattern! So happy to to see you are blogging again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't think of a better place to start than the Moda Modern Building Blocks. It's such an elegant way to throw yourself back into it... I'm glad we've got you around. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Moda Modern Building Blocks...that is such a sweet quilt! And those stacks of C+S? YUM.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't create or blog for months when my gran passed away this year. Take your time, it'll come eventually. The Cotton & Steel is gorgeous and I'm sure you'll be making something wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the the time comment. Please know that I read each comment and they all make me smile.

Thanks for visiting, Jenn